In December, as your brain starts to relax before the holidays, thinking of content ideas while you are more focused on your Christmas dinner plans can be a challenge. Creating or curating content, publishing it, and distributing it at this time of year can feel like thinking through a fog, but we’ve got some ideas to inspire you this season.
1. End-of-year Wrap-up
The close of the year is a good time for content marketers to look back at the trends, topics, and articles that attracted high volume traffic.
The wrap-up can be as simple as a list of your company’s 10 most popular posts from the year, a listicle describing key trends, or a retrospective video explaining how events in 2019 impacted your customers, niche, or products.
Without too much effort, you can come up with 3 or 4 interesting wrap-up articles for your business.
2. Holiday Month
Celebrate the season with a focus on the many end-of-year festivities that take place all over the world. You can tie in the various international celebrations that take place in December by understanding how your customers are celebrating the end of the year.
Rather than concerning yourself with content about your industry, try researching some history or asking clients how they are celebrating the end of the year, or asking if the long holiday period has any significance in your industry.
3. Look-ahead Posts or Videos
What predictions, advice, or tips can your company offer its customers for the coming year?
Provide useful articles, videos, or other content that will help your customers succeed.
- “Top B2B Marketing Tips for 2020“
- “Leading B2Bs of 2019“
- “How to Take Control of Your Finances in 2020“
- “Where to Find New B2B Leads in 2020“
Your look-ahead article or video should reflect your brand and customers.
- Winter How-to
Winter in the Northern hemisphere officially begins on December 21. Your content could be aimed at how your product or service can help people as the weather changes from warm to cold in many places in the world.
Here are a few ideas.
- A garden supply retailer: “How to Grow Herbs Indoors”
- An online pet shop: “How to Protect Your Puppy from the Cold”
- A hardware store: “How to Winterise Your Windows”
- Mastering the Art of Online Business Presentations: A Comprehensive Guide - February 22, 2024
- Benefits of Networking for Online Businesses - February 8, 2024
- Leveraging Micro-Influencing: Powerful Digital Marketing for Ecommerce - January 10, 2024